how do I switch from RF to infrared?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @james52 

You need to reset the remote.

Hold the TV and Clear buttons together until the light at the top of the V6 remote flashes green twice 

Press the thumbs down button 3 times then press OK twice. 

The light at the top of the V6 remote will flash green, after 10 seconds the V6 remote will revert to infra red mode.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @james52 

You need to reset the remote.

Hold the TV and Clear buttons together until the light at the top of the V6 remote flashes green twice 

Press the thumbs down button 3 times then press OK twice. 

The light at the top of the V6 remote will flash green, after 10 seconds the V6 remote will revert to infra red mode.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

james52
Tuning in

how do I switch from RF to infrared on the Virgin Media 360 Box remotes?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @james52 

Each 360 remote pairs 1 to 1 with the box, it does not use infra-red (IR). This means you can only use one remote with a box and not multiple.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

are you saying that 360 remotes do not have an IR mode; only RF? my installer has set up boxes (Media Hub 4; Virgin TV 360 primary box, two TV 360 mini boxes) in a utility room and then cable connected each box to a TV elsewhere in the house. Each box came with its own remote. He was planning to connect  infrared on each remote for each specific TV i.e.  each TV would thus have its own remote.

Thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for this not being explained james52,

Welcome back to the community.

The 360 remotes should still be able to pair the remotes with your TV's however. 

Have you completed this?

Let us know,

Kain

roy247
Community elder

Hi james52,

The 360 remote uses RF to the box and IR to any paired device, TV and soundbar.

thank you roy247.
Does one need to switch between RF and IR mode on the remote or does the remote do this automatically?

roy247
Community elder

Hi james52,

I suppose you would say it's automatic because it depends on the command being sent for example if you want to change the volume that would be sent IR to either your TV or Soundbar, on the 360 you have a Volume keys control setting that can be set to either device, and a change channel command would be RF as that is being sent to the 360.

Hope that makes sense.

Roy

Hi Roy
thank you. The 360 boxes will be in a cellar and thus far from the TVs themselves so I need IR on remotes to activate all settings on the TVs including channels. Are you saying this is not possible?
James