cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v6 remote no green light

mcf
Tuning in

I've just bought a new v6 remote and am trying to pair it with the TV. The instructions say to press CLEAR and TV together until the light above the HOME button flashes green twice.  It does not flash twice but gives one red flash after a few seconds. I'm thus not able to input the suggested pairing code.

The remote seems to be paired with the v6 box as it does everything but control the volume. 

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mcf 

Can you try the instructions on the following link instead please

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-pairing-tv-remote#v6 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

tvadikt
Dialled in
Hi mcf I had exactly the same issue a few weeks ago - all sorted with a change of batteries!!

Thanks Dave, 

same thing happens. Everything is as described until step 3 of the process - I hold down the INFO button after the power light comes back on but the remote does not flash green. Instead there is a single red flash after a few seconds of holding INFO down. 

So not sure if there is an issue with the replacement remote (my old remote, damaged from being chewed by the dog!, still flashes green as the new one should)

cheers

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @mcf 

Sorry to see it's still not working.

I've just re-read your original post and it says you bought the V6 remote.

You can normally order these for free from VM unless you've had too many replacements. Where did you get the remote from? It looke very much like it may be  faulty.

In the past we've had people with two V6 boxes and the new remote has been pairing with the other V6. If you have more than one V6 try turning the other box off, or even swapping the remotes around.

You should be able to order a replacement by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link  Order new remote 

If the links aren't working either clear your cache and cookies or try a different browser

You can also try the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am -10am, or afternoon teatime to avoid call queues

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

if you are still having issues hopefully  a member of the Forum team will pick this up and help, but it may take a couple of days.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Cheers Dave, 

It never occurred to me that virgin would replace the remote. I've ordered a new one from them and will return the replacement to the seller when the new one arrives (bought it through Amazon, so no problem returning it)

thanks for your help

Mike

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Mike,

Thanks for the update.

Looks like the remote from Amazon may have been a little dodgy, even if unintentional.

VM usuallly replace equipment for free when it's faulty, even the hub and set top box, so if anything goes wrong turn to them first.

Have you downloaded the TV Control app yet to use until you receive a replacement remote?

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mcf,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your V6 remote! 

I can see that @newapollo has advised you correctly - we would be more than happy to replace any faulty equipment. If you experience any problems, please reach out and we'll be able to help resolve the issue. 🙂

Please keep us updated if you have been able to order a new remote via our Order a Remote page or by calling us on 150/ 03454541111. Let us know if you need any further assistance. We'll be happy to help.

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs