cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v6 not recording correctly new v6 box pixelating and stuttering why?

stevw1962
Joining in

I have a new v6 boxand it plays live TV no problem, but when it records any channel live or not it stutters and pixilated on playback. I feel there is a problem with the hard disk. What do you guys think?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try pausing live TV for a short while and watch it delayed. This is also a recording and uses your hard drive in the same way.

Does that have problems? If so, then yes - the hard drive has a fault and you'll need a replacement box sooner or later.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try pausing live TV for a short while and watch it delayed. This is also a recording and uses your hard drive in the same way.

Does that have problems? If so, then yes - the hard drive has a fault and you'll need a replacement box sooner or later.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

stevw1962
Joining in

In actual fact I have just checked and it records all channels ok except itv which when watched live is OK but when recorded judder and pixilated any ideas?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is that ITV-SD or ITV-HD? It won't alter the advice, but may help diagnose.

There's nothing different about how either of the ITV variants are broadcast compared with any other channel. If you have a signal issue, it will cause breakup and/or pixellation on live channels and also the resultant recordings.

If you have a hard drive fault, then live TV will be fine, but recorded content will have problems.

OnDemand will be unaffected in either case, as it uses the internet rather than the broadcast method.

So it is just Itv HD that it does it on why?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To clarify - you can view ITV HD live but pausing or recording is problematic? This would suggest hard drive problems and should affect all channels.

Do you get any similar issues on... C4-SD, C4+1 SD, C4-HD or ITV+1 SD?

Hi no it just does it on ITV HD no other channel I have tested all that you said

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stevw1962

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

If you reboot the box and try again today, how do you get on?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs