cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v6 box regularly not recording to the end of a program

webby1979
Joining in

Hi

On a regular basis we have programs that dont record to the end.  This can be very frustrating if we have recorded a series to watch at a later date only to find we havent got the ending. We record question time every week and it is very rare we actually get the end. Also virgin never seem to be able to handle program changes. If a program has been rescheduled because a program is running over eg extra time on a football match. If you wanted all the match it does not carry on recording or if you wanted the program that was scheduled but moved to after the football virgin doesnt seem to pick this up.  Is this usual for virgin? With sky if the football went to extra time it would continue to record and we never had recorded programs cut short.  The pick up the program rather than a time slot.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've picked up several issues in there, let's take them in turn

Firstly, programmes not recording to the end. This can often be due to the programme running late beyond the scheduled time, which is entirely the fault of the broadcaster and nothing to do with VM. But pressing the play button during a recorded programme will bring up the status bar - as long as the red bar fills the whole space, and the timings match the scheduled slot, then this is a broadcaster fault. You can add additional padding to the end of scheduled recordings if that is happening, but if the progress bar isn't complete, then that's a V6 issue.

It may help to provide some specific examples, too. But in the case of live sport, you are prompted when setting a manual recording if you want to add additional recording time - to allow for late running. This can also be amended via the recording options at any time until the recording has finished.

Virgin doesn't have a dynamic EPG, it never has and is unlikely to ever do - there are numerous reasons for this, which have been discussed on here countless times. However - if your only issue is with live sports/events overrunning, then adding additional recording time/padding is the easy solution.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @webby1979

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to our Community Forums! 

Also thank you to @japitts for their help and advise. 

Can you confirm that these programmes do over run the scheduled time? Have you been able to identify whether this is a V6 or Broadcaster issues via the steps outlined by japitts? 

Thank you.