Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v6 box keeps rebooting

joh76
Tuning in

my v6 box keeps rebooting,is there a problem

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

40 REPLIES 40

Mine started to do this yesterday afternoon. It does seem to be more widespread than I thought. (Should I feel better that I'm not alone!)

Mods have put a pinned post. They know but no info on when. Shall I cancel  my engineer or wait

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Modem Mode

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@fizz wrote:

Mods have put a pinned post. They know but no info on when. Shall I cancel  my engineer or wait

Hi  @fizz 

Usually when it's a known fault all tech visits are automatically cancelled by the system

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ah I reported my one box rebooting when playing content on the other v6. Unaware of this issue. The rep bypassed the known fault...

This was sending me crazy (and my wife who's trying to watch the England Ladies match increasingly angry!). At least we know it's not a permanent problem 🙂

@RobParker wrote:

This was sending me crazy (and my wife who's trying to watch the England Ladies match increasingly angry!). At least we know it's not a permanent problem 🙂

Well they only know about it...they have not said they would fix it.. eta for.the fix has passed at 845pm mpw.mpved to.12.55am on the 12th october

My box has turned itself off a number of times today, interrupting recordings and live TV.

Well. Its not rebooted for a while now (Yay!), but it now won't respond to the remote. It just flashes and beeps alot (Boo!).

No. Spoke too soon!

Problem appears to be flagged as fixed. I'm in the office today so interested to know if therr are any issues so I know whether to cancel the engineer