Menu
olumalia
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

v6 box is very quiet

Recently had the v6 box installed and it doesn't matter how high I have the volume it's extremely quiet - iv'e tried the different dolby settings with no success and even had it running through a surround sound system on max and it's the same monotone sound. 

Is there anybody else experiencing the same problem ?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6 box is very quiet

Hi olumalia,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I'd just like to check how your V6 is currently connected?

If it's connected directly to your television then have you tried replacing the HDMI cable?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
olumalia
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The engineer set it up with an HDMI cable, will try a different one see if it makes a difference.

thanks for the reply  

0 Kudos
olumalia
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Iv'e tried 2 different leads and gone in depth with the tv's settings a 6 month old bravia - have no problems with the built in tuner or any other device so narrowed it down a bit.

0 Kudos
unisoft
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@olumalia wrote:

Iv'e tried 2 different leads and gone in depth with the tv's settings a 6 month old bravia - have no problems with the built in tuner or any other device so narrowed it down a bit.

Mine is the same. Was fine on the old TIVO box. Its only the v6 that has low volume output.

VM know about it, but as usual, because there is no fix yet, they can't do much other than get people to check their setup to rule that out.

Hopefully someone in VM Towers is taking note for a software change to increase the output. On my LG TV have to put the volume up to like 28 to match other sources that are happy on 10.

0 Kudos
olumalia
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good to hear i'm not going insane hahaha hopefully an update would sort the problem - mines a little different it stays at the same level no matter how high or low you have it, it's like someone whispering from far away 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi olumalia,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Just to confirm, we are aware of this issue and our technicians are currently investigating a fix for it. We'll update on this as soon as we can.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos