Menu
ajm999
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

tivo to v6

I'm about to get a V6 box and get rid of my TiVo box.

Do I need to contact virgin media to activate this new box or is that just for new customers?

Also how long do I have to watch my TiVo recordings before it stops letting me?

Does anyone have a link on how to transfer recording settings (series link) to be V6?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo to v6

Yes, when you get the V6 you call in to activate it - not sure re. the Tivo stuff - someone else will comment.
Remember the V6 MUST also be connected to the Hub. Ethernet cable (Cat5e/6) works best but wifi is good if you have a strong signal at the location of the V6.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ajm999
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank for that info. I did read somewhere about connecting it to Ethernet but not sure why. Just need to find out about transferring my series link settings, I have seen it somewhere a while ago but can't seem to find it now.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes - the VM boxes need internet connection to get things like catch-up, EPG updates, etc. The Tivo connects by the coax - the V6 doesnt it needs to connect to the Hub.
I think when you do the swap you have 6 days to watch the Tivo recordings BUT I think you might need a multiroom subscription - hopefully someone else will comment soon - but yes there have been several posts in here recently on this.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ajm999
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks jbrennand, didn't know that about the updates and coax. At least now I know why. I've been trying to watch my recordings but I'm mainly bothered about my series links and having to set them all up again from scratch. Just can't seem to find the link that tells you how to do it as a transfer.

0 Kudos