cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stuck on welcome screen

smashngrab14126
Joining in

useless box stuck on welcome screen was on phone for almost 1 hours with no result said would be in touch within 48 hours and that was 3 days ago still stuck with a useless box and no tv and no sign of anyone phoning me back within this magical 48 hours

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd say the chances of that callback happening are slim to zero.

If your TV box won't bootup or is otherwise stuck in the bootup cycle, then I'd recommend you callback.

Staff should respond on here, but it may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @smashngrab14126

welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you have been having issues with the box being stuck on the welcome screen. I have had a look at our system and can see you have been in contact with the team about this already. Let us know how this goes with the team moving forward.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

never got the call back so after 3 days re-phoned and had to go through all the jargon again and finally got an appointment with an engineer who came today and replaced the box so am now back watching tv again after a week without it. who ever i spoke to the first time was useless  unlike the engineer who quickly identified the error and had me back up in 15 mins that part was excellent service only spolt by the useless first call and wish i had got the same person i got with the second call who got the engineer book for me

Hi @smashngrab14126,

Thank you for the update on this. I am really sorry about the complications and set backs you've faced with the TV service and your box, but I'm glad to hear that this has now been addressed and resolved.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with today.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!