Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recording failed

ALF28
Super solver

coronation street failed to record friday 20.00 on 20/05/22

I had a failed recording on channel 103 -ITV

error playing a recoding-

the tivo box (V6) was not able to record the programme because there was no video signal on the channel. You may have beeen trying to record on a cannel that you do not receive.

Never had that notice before, so unusual. Recordings since have been OK  both yesterday and today, I checked.

The warning can not be correct as the V6 was working fine all of friday on all channels, but the fault did occur for some reason.?

I have used catch up to watch the programme and that works fine, so perhaps there is no need to record coronation street, but sometimes catchup can be delayed a while before programmes are available.

I will do another recording on channel 103 to test if is still recording that channel.

alf28

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are alternate recordable showings of this programme, the V6 should let you pick them up by using "view upcoming showings"..

SCAR_Screenshot_179468917078324.jpg

If disk space was the reason for any failed recording, then the hiccup folder would highlight as much. But I agree that a disk 95% full (if this is the case) is likely to encounter recording issues at some point.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you have any other recordings on ITV, before or after this one?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

The recording sequence on friday was as follows-

10.00 channel 101  1 hour

11.00 channel 425 2 hours

13.00 channel 425 2 hours

20.00 channel 103  (failed) 1 hour show

21.55 channel 216  1 hour

I do not  think that I exceeded the maximum recordings which I think is 6.

All recordings except the 20.00 recording of coronation street  were OK.

The drive had space was approx 95%

Note- channel 103 tested today 14.30, show recorded OK

It may just be a blip.

alf28

CHANNEL 149

I could not record this channel at 15.00 today, 22/05/2022, the new programme  called Delete was missing, the  screen was blanc.

No signal, message  said watch on +1

Not sure if there is a horror channel +1? I could not find it, some of the +1 chanels are now removed such as scfi.

Any explanation?

alf28

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Horror +1 is available on channel 202.

If you had a 360 box you would have been able to use the Startover feature on the Horror channel and watch the program from the beginning (like pressing the green remote control button on terrestrial Freeview play boxes)

Delete series 1 episode 1 is actually available on Catchup, so no doubt episode 2 which is due to air at 5pm today will be available on catchup in a few days time.

In your post yesterday you said, "The drive had space was approx 95%"

Is that 95% free or 95% full? If it's 95% full then you need to start deleting some older or non essential recordings.

I checked on my 360 and channel 159 is blank, however there is no suggestion to watch on +1, but it sounds like it may be a known issue.

EDIT, I am based in Teesside the same as you and if you look at Check Service Status you should see that there are known TV issues, and the Horror channel is specifically listed by name.

horror channel issuehorror channel issue

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are alternate recordable showings of this programme, the V6 should let you pick them up by using "view upcoming showings"..

SCAR_Screenshot_179468917078324.jpg

If disk space was the reason for any failed recording, then the hiccup folder would highlight as much. But I agree that a disk 95% full (if this is the case) is likely to encounter recording issues at some point.

Channel 149

Thanks for the help,

Channel 149 came back on half way through 2nd episode of Delete. I have found horror +1 on channel 202 thanks.

Thanks for the info that it was a fault in teeside, that was useful, never though to check myself.

The horror channel is also on freeview channel 69

I will schedule to record it on friday, thank for the info  on "view upcoming showings"..

The catchup is only availabel as HD, so I think I would have to pay as it is not in my fun package, usually it ofers 2 options sd & hd.

As my drive on the V6 is 95% full I will delete some recordings to increase space.

The hickup recordings only showed the deleted failed programme which was an empty recording with no picture so I deleted it.

Thanks, alf28