cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Switching" problems

Jessica04
Joining in

After "switching" our phone service the second telly that received its signal from a splitter, doesn't work. how do I get it going again?

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What do you mean by switching your phone service? I would presume you mean migrating from a wall-socket landline to a hub-powered landline, but can you confirm?

What is happening with your TV box that has issues? Do you have error messages on live broadcast channels, for instance? What are any error codes or symptoms?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Our home phone was switched to "our fibre network" .  We used the adapter that was sent to us and did everything that was asked, at least we think we did!  Now the second telly that gets it's signal from a 4K HDMI splitter no longer gets a signal.  The main telly in the lounge, that also gets its signa; through this splitter does work.  Does that clarify the situation?

There are no error messages or anything, just a blank screen.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you clarify what this splitter is? I presumed this was your incoming co-ax cable going to a router (that's now providing the landline) and a TV box that's stopped working.

From your latest posts, I'm not so sure - and you've alluded to 2 x TVs being fed from one TV box?

Perhaps post up some photos of the equipment you have, if you're not sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hello Jessica04,

Thanks for your post.

Would you able to take some images of the splitter please as its hard to visualize what set up you have.

Gareth_L

The RJ11 to BT adapter has nothing to do with your HDMI splitter, and you can prove that by  removing the adapter.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Sorry it's taken so long to get these taken, the file size was too bigtelevision plug 001.jpgtelevision plug 002.jpg at first.  Anyway, here they are.  Do you want any more taken and if so, of what?

Kind Regards,

Jessica04

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jessica04 

You need to remove the phone cable from the splitter (picture 1) and place it into the white phone socket at the top of your hub (picture 2)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The two connections in the pictures have nothing to do with each other.

The HDMI Splitter splits the output from your TV box, where it originates, to your TVs.

The phone adaptor allows your analogue phone to use VMs digital link to their telephone exchange.

The only issue I can see is the exposed wires on one HDMI plug, which could easily come apart with no protection on them & hence cause your problem. Is the TV connected to this one the one that doesn’t work?

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993