cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

playback stalling/broken picture

wilber_force
Superfast

We have a Tivo V6 box and have over the last 6-9 months been seeing the quality of playback deteriorate to the point where we delete a programme instead of watching it.  I get the impression that the HDD is failing.

I can't recall when the box was installed but it has been a few years.  

Is it worth giving the helpdesk a call for advice and a resolution?

16 REPLIES 16

Yes, I agree about the video output, no idea why it was asked about.

I have witnessed the live TV stall (this is when I have delayed a live programme) but only a couple of times, but I do record a radio programme, and there are never any issues with that.  Having said that, I paused the playback at 4 minutes in and when I pressed the remote to restart the recording, it jumped to something like 12 minutes in to the programme.  I tried this several times and it did the same thing.  This still suggests to me that there is a HDD issue.

To answer your question about live TV being problematic.  I'd say No.

I just hope I'm not clouding the issues.  I'm watching something live now, and have delayed it a few minutes, and there is no issues.  I wonder if watching a previously recorded programme will still have issues.  I'll update this in the next few days.

No change, recorded programmes still stalling randomly.

Sometimes a programme will go back in time as well.

Do the VM techies look at issues such as this one? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I concur with this sounding like a HDD issue - that will most likely end with a tech visit replacing your box.

This forum is primarily a user-community where the first responders are other customers and not necessarily staff. VM staff members do respond, but they work in date order so bumping posts usually has the opposite effect.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the helpful reply.👍

I'll call VM and push to get either a visit or a replacement.

Hi wilber_force

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I am sorry for the TV picture issues - I can see that since posting you've had a tech visit out and everything should now be resolved.

Please do keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks John for welcoming me back, but I haven't been away.

Anyway, I had a visit from a VM techy guy.  After a chat about symptoms and running a few tests, it was agreed that the V6 box was replaced.

He also tested the cable coming into the house and decided to replace the box on the inside as there was evidence of corrosion so an issue about to happen has been averted there.

All I've got to do now is go back through the list of "Series Links" we made and re do them all.

Therefore, all sorted or as others say, "Job's a Good un"

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi wilber_force, 

Thank you for your reply and letting us know what has been happening. 

We are very happy to hear this has been sorted. 

Please do reach out if we can assist in the future. 

Thank you, 

Nat