cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixcellation on live tv

Jude2
Dialled in

Since yesterday evening i noticed that live tv was pixelating.  when i checked the diagnostics page all tuners were 100% signal.  I then tried changing the channel to and back again, but still happened.  Tried watching the channel on another tuner still happened. Tried rebooting the box this morning but still pixelating.  but it only happens on live tv not on recordings. Also it only seems to be BBC One, and no other channel on live TV.  Any Ideas?  is it the channel or something else.  Rang 150 and the automated voice just said rebooting should solve issue, which i had already tried anyway

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If rebooting hasn't resolved this, there's clearly a fault somewhere. Check on 0800 5610061 that there's no recognised area issue.

I presume when you say it doesn't happen on recordings, you mean old ones - if you record a channel that's breaking up, that too will break up.

You'll ideally need to callback any bypass the automated system - try just pressing no options after "I have a fault".. if not, then wait here for a couple of days and VM staff who frequent this forum should pick this post up any help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If rebooting hasn't resolved this, there's clearly a fault somewhere. Check on 0800 5610061 that there's no recognised area issue.

I presume when you say it doesn't happen on recordings, you mean old ones - if you record a channel that's breaking up, that too will break up.

You'll ideally need to callback any bypass the automated system - try just pressing no options after "I have a fault".. if not, then wait here for a couple of days and VM staff who frequent this forum should pick this post up any help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the help.  I'll have to just call 150 and get passed the automated voice.  

With the recordings, after rebooting the box, i randomly picked 5 other channels to record, other than BBC one, as i was already watching that which was pixcelating.  while bbc 1 was pixcellating throughout the time i was recording other shows - when i check every single 1 of the recordings all played perfectly.  therefore i wasn't sure if it was bbc 1 or a problem with the box.  

Hi Jude2, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having pixelation issues, which are impacting your enjoyment of our TV service.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf and help you resolve the issue.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R