cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

zeefour
Up to speed
Had this for over 3 weeks now and today is currently on every channel and worse than it's ever been (in my case the V6 box) Would post a picture (as on pinned thread) but basically it's just as bad as my pic on that!

had this pixelating problem on channels i pay for,have rang the help line twice and the animated voice says there is a fault and need to restart my box so i press the button on the phone to ok this and wait then my phone says the other caller has cleared the telephone line and i wait and i wait and i wait nothing happens so go on line and sign in and try to run a test on the tv and the page comes up saying this service is not working. any ideas would be helpful especially some one from virgin them selves

getting worse ☹ bbc1, bbc2hd, itv, 4hd, itv+1, itv2, itv4, itvbe, gold hd, comedycent, challenge, c4+1, cbsreality, horror, chan5hd, fox, londonlive, itv3+1, itv4+1, chall+1, paramount, 

Couldn't be bothered to trawl through any more than that. Some channels aren't even available at all. Some if them are just a few lines of pixellatio and some are the whole screen. 

Think I have a TiVo box

SE13 Lewisham area

Was also told we would be getting 25%reduction on our bill and that's not happened. Service is now unacceptable. Time to leave!

Hi All My TV has been pixelating for some time now I thought it was tv as it was about 10 years old so I bought a new one still have the same problem there are times it is ok and others you can hardly see the picture.

Most of my channels are fine, but the Smithsonian Channel is pixellating really badly, with loss of audio constantly for a second or two at a time. It's such a shame, as their docus are so interesting. Can nothing be done to fix this?

As I've said on the other pixellation thread, I have so many channels that are totally unwatchable now.  I've been told it's a problem in my house!  But if I can get some channels OK, how can that be?  And now I have to wait until Monday for an engineer to come out to me.  Grr.

Is no-one getting any resolution to this problem??

Aha - all of a sudden, it all seems to be fixed!  Smiley Happy  For the moment anyway.

So why was I told it was a problem in my house??  Smiley Frustrated

esseepee
On our wavelength

After a couple of weeks with no pixilation it’s back again tonight....BBC1 HD Antiques roadshow...Virgin V6 Box in Huddersfield.......long sigh

zeefour
Up to speed

Been happening again on BBC1 (HD) today. This has been going on for over a month now. It would be good if Virgin would respond to this and at a minimum, explain what's going on and when they expect it to be sorted...

Hello zeefour

Sorry to hear this has been happening for over a month now 

Would you like me to have a look into this for you

Let me know, As I will need to get account access by a Private Message first 

Gareth_L