cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

picture keeps flickering

Gasgaslee
Tuning in

Hi all

As ive seen with lots of posts the flickering screen is a common issue .i have had virgin for just over  1 month and this is not acceptable surley 

Why the hell should we have to mess about switching and turning off things when we all pay a fortune for this not to work perfectly .as far as im concerned virgin you can disconnect everything as its not fit for purpose and i will go with sky as i was going to do 

When will this stop and just work as it should

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry for the late reply Gasgalee, we've been a bit busier than expected. 

Is this still an on going issue with the picture flickering?

If so please pop me a personal message so I can have a closer look. 

Thanks 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

rswoody2000
Joining in

I have just signed up and am still in the trial period. I am considering cancelling my TV subscription as the TV signal keeps flickering and breaking up. We need quality of service on the line. Apparently no faults are detected. The only time I had issues with Sky was when there was a storm, I was hoping with Virgin that I would have no issues during adverse weather, but now I have a daily issue with EVERY program I watch.

Virgin are not directly responsible for intermittent issues in respect of a picture flickering, or breaking up, unless the fault is due their equipment.
They are very good at resolving reported issue as quickly as possible.
If you are experiencing persistent picture and sound issues and there are no know issues in your area , see the link for "Check your service status" if there is noting listed then you need to report the issue.
This and other forums will try to help you, but its is not really a reporting mechanism.
The quickest way to report an issue during business hours is to call 150 on either a Virgin land line or Virgin mobile and use the menus to get to where you need to be .

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.

Its a forum so i will say what i want also lots of other people are having the same issues 

This problem has only happened recently and happens on virgin only not on freeview or smart tv so without being a rocket scientist that tells me it is virgin and has virgin have my line line from road to my house, i think it is virgins problem 

When contacting them they found a fault and tried to rectify the issues 

This has happend several times and gets on your nerves after so long 

But obviously yours is fine and you proberbly have shares or work for virgin 

Thanks for your fantastic advice 

Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Gasgaslee

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service recently.

Testing the box from our end shows no errors, I hope that means things have improved since your post? If not, get back in touch and we'll do what we can to assist.

Talk soon
Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi craig 

Thanks for the post , i called a member of your team last week and the problem stoped , however it has started again last night not with the picture with the sound it is intermittent, so frustrating 

Sorry for the late reply Gasgalee, we've been a bit busier than expected. 

Is this still an on going issue with the picture flickering?

If so please pop me a personal message so I can have a closer look. 

Thanks 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi and thanks for reply 

To be honest ive had enough of virgin the amount of tv chanels is shocking i get more on free veiw the box and buffering is pathetic the volume keeps going off also it goes off daily so i have to turn power off and back on then its fine for a short while 

Im in process of speaking to somebody about legal advice as ive been paying for a service that i have not had a full 48hrs without issues 

Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Gasgaslee,

Really sorry to hear this. 

How have things been since this? Have you seen an improvement in your service?

Thanks

Ben_N

morninson
Joining in

It happens to us intermittently, maybe once every few weeks. Also the menus got all 8bit sometimes and you get no picture but sound. Have changed telly since I got the box and problem was consistent with both.

Unplug from the wall for a bit works.  Tonight I gave up with it, chucked the remote at the box and pulled the cables out. Hopefully should be fine in the morning! I love your broadband Virgin but your TiVo box and the newer V6 are absolute garbage.  Also your remote is seemingly designed to fall off of any surface at any time completely of it’s own volition.  Mine is wrapped in black tape to stop the batteries falling out.