cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'order a new remote' page not working

Fastra
Dialled in

My v6 remote has gone a bit iffy on some of the buttons and the automatic 'order a new one' page isn't working, anyone any suggestions of how to quickly order a new one? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi  @Fastra 

The quickest way is to call 150 from  a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 and speak to Faults, option 2.

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible

You could also try a different browser or clear the cache and cookies in your browser.

If you've downloaded the My Virgin app you can also oreder a remote by clicking on Help > TV > The remote is lost, damaged or not working  and follow the prompts.

You can also download the TV Control app to use as a temporary remote by following the links from this page 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/services-support/apps 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi  @Fastra 

The quickest way is to call 150 from  a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 and speak to Faults, option 2.

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible

You could also try a different browser or clear the cache and cookies in your browser.

If you've downloaded the My Virgin app you can also oreder a remote by clicking on Help > TV > The remote is lost, damaged or not working  and follow the prompts.

You can also download the TV Control app to use as a temporary remote by following the links from this page 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/services-support/apps 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks, just following this through now on text, which then transfers to what's app, then they send you the same link that doesn't work..! 

Now waiting to speak to a real person. 

All sorted now, new remote should be with me in the next 5-7 days. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Fastra 

Thanks for the update, glad to see you got there in the end.

Don't forget to download TV Control app, if the links aren't working just perform a search in the android/ios app stores

Stay safe and have a good Christmas and New Year

Dave
The do's and don'ts.