Dialled in

hello

today i tried t watch a series on virgin uhd

a company of witches  at first  on deman would not play

so i switched everythink off by the plus  ie tv tivo box and rebooted them

on demand worked  so i put on the program i wanted to watch

got into episode 2  of company of witches the off it goes 

then the box  goes off  and on demand wont play

i have done the usual check the cables and all the other  things you get asked to do 

still no on demand

so come on guys tell what else i can do before i  ring up and tell virgin to take it out because its getting beyond a joke  you are ringing me up to upgrade  and pay more money for a poor service

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Let's start from the basics then...

Which box do you have? You've referenced UHD so I presume a V6, but you've also mentioned TiVo which I presume references the common software. (The TiVo doesn't support UHD)

What happens when a VoD programme won't play? You've not said. There should be an error code or message that will give a clue as to the issue - what is it?

@scouseuk wrote:

i have done the usual check the cables and all the other  things you get asked to do 

What are these "other things"? You've not said, so we don't know.

No-one's forcing any upgrade on you unless you specifically ask for it or consent to it. If you can explain the issues you have, there's a good chance we can help on here - but specifics will help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Do you mean "A Discovery of Witches"?  I have all three series. Do you have a problem with anything else On Demand or Catchup?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
What are these "other things"? You've not said, so we don't know.

checking everythink thats connect to the v6 box
ie no loose cables rebooting hub
clearing cache by switching tv off an on again
thats what i mean by other things

@ rodger_gooner
nothing else works no on demand
no catch up plus i got netflix and amazon prime on virgin they dont work either
so it looks like a problem their end , but no faults show up as i have checked

thanks for your replies

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Still don't know what the error codes are, but everything you've said implies an internet connectivity problem.

A V6 connects via your home-hub, so do you have an Ethernet cable connection or a wireless one?

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and report what's shown in the top-right. Including the wireless signal strength if appropriate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi scouseuk,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've had some issues with the On Demand service,

Can you confirm if you've been through what japitts has advised last?

Alex_Rm