Menu
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 21 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: no recording lights on V6 box?

@Wasyl wrote:

If the TV isn't turned on, then one button press on the virgin remote will not achieve anything.

So to ensure an individual doesn't by any chance turn off the TIVO/V6 box when a recording is in progress, then just an individually coloured light (not red nor white) would be a recommendation that Virgin should make available on the machines.

What would you be doing fully turning off the V6 box? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 22 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Its 2019 not 1990 LED are gone Smiley Happy

Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 23 of 37
Flag for a moderator

My practice is to always put my V6 into standby mode when I'm not watching TV. If it records or doesn't record in standby is of no consequence. In order to watch TV I take the V6 out of standby and can easily check to see if anything's been recorded. To put it another way the V6 is never powered off, and why would I want to do that when EPG and other updates typically take place in the early hours of the morning or there are recordings due to be done at varying times.

The only problem I had with the LED was that it was too bright, so two small pieces of masking tape take stuck over it was a cheap and effective solution.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jumbojake
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 37
Flag for a moderator

just a shame (and big backward step, as someone said, like going back to the 1990's) ... to not have any LED indicators, and be forced to turn on the TV, tune into the Virgin box, then pull V6 out of standby before you can press another button see if something is recording or not.. then turn it all off again.

if the phone app worked, it might be a alternative, but never had much joy with it... again, all of this is solved with a simple (small) LED indicator

Superuser
Superuser
Message 25 of 37
Flag for a moderator

I just assume mines recording, I've never been disappointed

Also LEDs don't work as well when your out

0 Kudos
Wasyl
Tuning in
Message 26 of 37
Flag for a moderator

"@shawty1984 wrote:

What would you be doing fully turning off the V6 box?"

You obviously didn't experience the V53 error where all channels were down yesterday evening. So I had a need to switch off then reboot the box.

Now what better reason could there have been for needing a light to inform that a recording was taking place!

jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 27 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Pressing my shows would show if a recording was taking place, no need for lights

0 Kudos
jumbojake
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 37
Flag for a moderator

again .. everyone seems to forget that pressing my shows requires the TV to be on, tuned into the V6 box first... an LED would save all of that.. again, why go backwards with design function.  they could retrofit that with a software change.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 29 of 37
Flag for a moderator

If all the channels were down it does not matter if it was recording or not

0 Kudos
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 30 of 37
Flag for a moderator

@Wasyl wrote:

"@shawty1984 wrote:

What would you be doing fully turning off the V6 box?"

You obviously didn't experience the V53 error where all channels were down yesterday evening. So I had a need to switch off then reboot the box.

Now what better reason could there have been for needing a light to inform that a recording was taking place!

That doesn't make any sense. If you knew all channels were down then presumably you already had the V6 on? In which case one button press would tell you it was recording. And if it's the same fault I'm thinking of then it didn't record the first 15 minutes of Gogglebox because of the fault anyway. 

0 Kudos