Menu
jumbojake
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 37
Flag for a moderator

no recording lights on V6 box?

how can I enable recording lights for my V6?  

only get a single LED for power, which ins't much use.... but the recording lights are very useful .. how can they be enabled?

jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: no recording lights on V6 box?

There is no option to enable recording lights

0 Kudos
jumbojake
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 37
Flag for a moderator

ok, thanks .. that's a shame - backward step

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 37
Flag for a moderator

There are only two other lights on the box. A WiFi connection light & an Online light. They only show if there are faults.

Apparently it was one of the things dropped from the new box following customer feedback.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
grannyapples
Joining in
Message 5 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Thats answered my question then. I find it annoying too. You just got to assume its recording the showa you ask for or get paranoid and keep flipping it over everytime to check !

Highlighted
ecs_sanchez
Tuning in
Message 6 of 37
Flag for a moderator

I have just had th V6 box installed and was very surprised, and annoyed, to find that it does not have the recording lights. Like you, I found this function on the original TiVo box very useful. These lights enabled one to see at a glance if the box was recording, if it had finished recording, how many programmes were recording at the time, without having to use the remote and scroll through the menu. It was even sometimes the only indication that the TiVo was unexpectedly recording a programme, which wasn't even showing up anywhere in 'My Shows', not even under 'Suggestions' nor anywhere in any of the menus in 'My Shows & Recordings'. Because the recording indicator light had at least alerted me to the fact that this 'ghost' recording was going on, I was at least then able to go about finding and accessing that programme through scrolling down through the TV Guide until I came to a programme that was indicating that it was being recorded. I had to watch the programme there and then as the recording would not subsequently appear anywhere on the system.

I find it VERY hard to believe that it was due to customer feedback that they discontinued this feature. Why would customers have asked that such a useful feature be removed? I think that it was more likely that in removing this feature, the three recording lights on the right-front of the  original TiVo box, AND the two green lights on the left-front, AND reducing the size of the box - TiVo ~ 37x24mm / V6  ~ 22x15mm - would have helped considerably towards reducing the relative production cost of the V6.

I know that the V6 can record up to four programmes at a time (original TiVo, three), has, I think, a bigger memory, and has, I seen online, a much faster upload rate for YouTube and Netflix, but, personally, I would have rather stayed with the original TiVo box model, for its recording light features, which I found indispensable!

LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 7 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi V6 records six programmes and you can view a seventh or another recording.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Seven flashing lights on the front of it would be good then Smiley Happy

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Corinneangela
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 37
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

Seven flashing lights on the front of it would be good then Smiley Happy

That would give me a migraine and my son a seizure *shudders*

0 Kudos
jumbojake
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 37
Flag for a moderator

if the recording lights are flashing I'd suggest it's not working right !

multiple small LED's would work a treat... could be subtle and informative ... what we have now is very poor design ... without ant view of the current mode, having to turn on the TV, go into menus .. very poor design.
0 Kudos