cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new v6 box already has someone else's netflix profile on it

snooperoon
Joining in

Hi just received via courier and set up a supposedly new v6 box to replace my faulty Tivo box. Everything is set up fine, but gone into Netflix to put my account details in and there is already someones profile in there. Any ideas on what to do as i cant do anything to whats already in there. Thanks for any help with this.

6 REPLIES 6

snooperoon
Joining in
It’s sorted now thanks one of neighbours told me what to do

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What did you do to resolve it?

This is a user-community forum and someone else may well come here looking for help with a similar issue. Your explanation could help them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Just logged out of whoever’s account it was & logged into mine. For some reason thought more had to be done tbh.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey snooperoon, thank you for your posts on our forum page and this thread.
We're sorry to hear you've had this problem with your Netflix account on our TV box, when your equipment is being replaced we always do this with a like-to-like box.
This can be new or good as new (refurbished) so there's a chance the previous user hadn't logged out of their account before.
Our apologies for this as it doesn't normally happen, could you please kindly confirm if it's all sorted for you and you can now use your own account for watching your favourite Netflix programmes without issues?
We're here to help, please give us a shout if you have questions or concerns too.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It’s all sorted now thanks for asking

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update snooperoon,

I'm glad that this is sorted for you, do pop back up if you require further assistance.

All the best,

Kain