cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

major pixelation issue

enceladus
Tuning in

this has just started in last day or so , rebooted both boxes we have , tried various hdmi leads and tried both boxes in multiple locations , 150 constantly on hold

DSC_0266-min.JPGDSC_0267-min.JPG

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pixelation like this could be a sign of a fault. Have you checked all the coax connections - the ones that enter your home and connect to any Virgin boxes. Check all connections are fitted snugly and there's no movement in the cable itself (eg. where the cable enters the silver connectors).

Post edited as thought it related to V360.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

checked all outside cables they seem ok except brown box falling to bits really needs a new one , seems better today not pixelated for ages , will keep a eye on it

Hi enceladus, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with the picture pixelating. 

Taking a look at our systems, I can see you box is having pro-longed issues. the input levels need to be adjusted and this cannot be done remotely I'm afraid. 

I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi enceladus, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I appreciate the picture seems to be OK for now however while the input levels are out, you could end up with further issues on the On Demand / recordings and live TV. 

To avoid further faults, we would recommend going ahead with the engineer visit to ensure there are no delays. If you would prefer to wait then that is fine and up to you 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

I had this issue a few years ago, several engineers came, tried signal boosters, etc..

I asked is it the cable running from the wall box in my room, running to the cable box? so to shut me up, they took my cable box to the porch and connected it directly to the box outside my home, and viola, the pixelation was all gone, had perfect signals...

He took the box back to my room, and the pixelation was back again, so he changed the coax cable in my room and I was right.. as I started to get a perfect signal! and a few years later not had any pixelation issue. 

So if you do get an engineer round ask him to try a different coax cable see if it helps you.

Hi enceladus, 

Thanks for coming back to me again via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi enceladus, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message on this one. 

I'm glad to hear the engineer has advised what's happened. Where further actions are needed, the engineer will usually refer this to their manager or to our networks team. 

Please keep us posted on if you need help with anything else. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team