cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent pixelation

stewartrea
On our wavelength

Hi Guys

We are suffering from intermittent pixelation on several channels. it has been happening for a while now. The service website says no problems at the moment in my area

As I have said this has been happening for quite some time, we had an engineer some months ago but it was never fixed, I had lots of problems with my internet connection and this took some time to resolve.

I have spoken to support many times and all they say is wait for 48 hrs then call back, then they say change HTML cables check co-axial connections, this has all be done numerous times, as this is an intermittent fault which happens on live TV as well as from playback and on-demand TV, they now want me to wait until it happens and then phone, are they totally unaware it takes 5 mins + to get a response from a phone call by that time the fault may very well have disappeared, can I also ask is it my responsibility to troubleshoot their equipment. 

As you can probably guess I am less than impressed with the help desk does anyone have ideas on what I can do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi stewartrea

Thanks for joining me on PM - Just to update the thread, the engineer visit has been booked in.

It can be tracked/altered in your online account

Please let us know how the visit goes and remember, we're here if you need us for anything else; Please do make a public thread and we'll be more than happy to assist.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need further VM intervention.

If you have problems with your live TV, this will affect the resulting recordings. But OnDemand uses the internet, not your live TV feed - so if you're having problems there, then something else is wrong.

Standard advice is to first check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

If you're getting nowhere with the phone faults route, you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so. In the meantime, can you be specific about which channel(s) are affected (including SD/HD) - digital TV platforms carry channels in small clusters which don't often correlate with their EPG positions. A fault affecting any particular cluster - known as a multiplex - should affect all channels on that mux.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply Japitts

I will take a day or so to collate the data you suggest, the defect seems to be there on all playback platforms but will try to get some specifics 

Cheers 

Stewart

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Stewartea, 

Thanks for your reply, I can see you have called our team regarding this, what did they advise?

Zoie

stewartrea
On our wavelength

Hi Zoie, Thanks for the reply.

They advise that I wait until it happens and then phone, which as I stated is the most stupid thing ever it generally only lasts about 2-3 mins then settles down again for a period and then happens again. I told them this but it fell on deaf ears, they are not responsive to suggestion

regards

Stewartrae

Hi @stewartrea

Thanks for coming back to us.

Having checked the system, there are so many post RS errors, that shouldn't be there.

I'll get a tech out so I'll PM you now to get some details

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Many Thanks John

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi stewartrea

Thanks for joining me on PM - Just to update the thread, the engineer visit has been booked in.

It can be tracked/altered in your online account

Please let us know how the visit goes and remember, we're here if you need us for anything else; Please do make a public thread and we'll be more than happy to assist.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi Guys

The good news is that an engineer visited today, whilst the fault was not active, however, he found numerous things that were incorrect, in the street cabinet he told me the X and O need to be sorted, some sort of relay inside the house had failed, he has ow checked everything and we have to wait and see if the fault re-occurs.

so good news I hope 

Many thanks to the forum team for progressing this fault, regardless of the outcome,

my concern here is the woefully inadequate response from the help desk, Virgin if you are listening sort it or you will lose customers.

I will reply in this thread if we have any re-occurrences 

Best regards 

Stewart

Thank you for the update @stewartrea.

We are glad to hear the engineer appointment could help resolve some of the issue. We further apologise on behalf of our team for the delay in resolving this.

Please continue to monitor your service and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs