Menu
paul50
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

incompedent engineer installing V6 box

Here is copy of letter sent to Swansea. I cant believe  how incopmpedent Virgin Engineers are. I know full well Virgin will not respond to this, But I feel peeople should be informed------------

Dear, Sir/Madam

Having had one of your engineers vist my home to upgrade to a V6 box. During his visit he said I needed a new router to match the V6 box. Both were put in place and plugged in, the router was checked to make sure it was working correctly.

The problems started with the V6 Box. No effort was made to set up the box, plus all the information was taken away by the engineer. He also told me I would be unable to connect the TV to Virgin until 6pm ( the box was fitted at 10 am).
I will point out I have paid extra money to have all this set up, he made no effort to set up the box to the TV or Virgin.

I spent two hours trying to get the box to connect, Then I found he had connected the Ethernet cable into a TP Link Powerline that was defective. If he had take the time to set up the system as I have paid for, he would have found this out. At no time was I offered the Netgear Powline 1200.

After wasting over two hours, I then had to go onto the web to find if the V6 box could be connected by WiFi. This is what I paid Virgin to do. By trial and error I managed to get the V6 box to connect to Virgin.

The Engineer gave no feasible explanation or made any effort to connect the V6 Box, along with the fact he was rushing to finish the installation.

Due to the total inexcusable incompetence on the part of Virgin, by charging me for work not completed plus failing to supply the Netgear Powerline 1200 + Extra Outlet.

Please refund my set up fee, and supply the Powline so the system can be hard-wired to the router.

Yours

XXXXXX

0 Kudos
fizz
Up to speed
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: incompedent engineer installing V6 box

Sound like a standard install to me.

0 Kudos
paul50
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What compounds Virgins total incompedence  is, wheen you phone the help line all you get are recorded messages, then they cut you off.

Does any one know why you can never get any help, I am not talking about a call  center in Inda reading from a crib sheet, I mean real help fron somone in the UK

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi paul50

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I'm sorry to hear your installation didn't go as expected. I would like to look into this for you and log a case to show your dissatisfaction in the service you have received

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon

Louise.

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

LittleMick73
Super solver
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi I see a member of the forum team has responded, good I really hope you get a satisfactory outcome to a disgraceful incompetent attempt to install your service. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
paul50
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes, Louise has been very helpful, also to my suprise I received a reply from Virgin  refunding the set up fee. The very first setup I had done in my other house, the Engineer spent a long time setting up and explaining to me how it all worked. Just waiting for the Powerlink boxes now.

I was talking to some of the people I do voluntary work with, out of a group of 15 people 2 said they have had problems with Virgin and would never use the again. Which is sad, because that V6 box and 200mbps is a good system. That is once my box is hard wired to the Router Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
paul_taylor
Up to speed
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Why did you send it to swansea ?

VM HQ is in Hook, Basingstoke, Hampshire.

HP, Dell, IBM/Lenovo Certified Server Hardware engineer.
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Super solver
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi he sent it to Swansea as that is the official complaints address. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
paul50
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I would like to say a big thank you to Louise for all her time and help. Her help has bought this matter to a satisfactory conclusion

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your speedy response.

Thank you for this lovely feedback. I'm just glad I was able to get this matter resolved for you.

you know where we if you ever need assistance in the future.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos