cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer playing up since new hub 3

davejay99
On our wavelength

iPlayer was working fine until I installed a new hub 3. It gets to the required programme and just buffers and suggest checking my internet connection. Other apps have no problems.

Any help would be helpful

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davejay99
On our wavelength

Thanks a lot. The reset worked, I usually just reboot with holding down power key for 5 seconds, but it is fine now.

You are amazing, thanks again.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this the iPlayer on your V6 box, or another device? Assuming this is your V6...

Can you use OnDemand services on your V6 - try finding a non-BBC programme on CatchUp and try choosing "Watch now" - what happens?

Your V6 gets its internet connection (which is what provides OnDemand services) from your homehub, is it connected using an Ethernet cable or wirelessly? If it's wirelessly, then since you've had your hub replaced, have you reconnected your V6 to the new WiFi network & password?

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network is where you'd do so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

davejay99
On our wavelength

Thanks but am on wired connection and all other apps/programmes work fine. I tried unplugging and use WiFi but didn't connect. So reverted to wired connection and still same problem, I can login to iPlayer but accessing any programme it says something is wrong and check internet.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If other VOD services work ok, your box's internet connection is proven ok and this sound a like an app-specific issue.

You've not said, so I'll ask... have you restarted your V6? Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

davejay99
On our wavelength

Thanks a lot. The reset worked, I usually just reboot with holding down power key for 5 seconds, but it is fine now.

You are amazing, thanks again.

Glad to hear that your issues have now been resolved with the help from the community @davejay99.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks a lot, I will certainly come back here rather than use VM chat or 789.

Glad to hear that @davejay99, we will always try our best to help from here but sometimes, you may need to call in for certain things such as package changes, upgrades and downgrades. 

Regards,

Steven_L