cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i record from V6 onto DVD

Thommy01
Joining in

I have a V6 box and would like to know what i need to record programmes on to a dvd player as there is no scart lead socket on the v6 box

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The only supported video output from a V6 is HDMI

If you could find a working solution, I strongly suspect the resulting recording would be encrypted and of no use.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

does that mean anything i buy like a hdmi spliter wont work

Hi you can only record on the virgin TV boxes hard drive, you can't record on a separate device as this breaches copyright, as mentioned you also need to connect an HDMI lead between your box and the TV. Regards Micky

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Thommy01 wrote:

does that mean anything i buy like a hdmi spliter wont work

There's no harm trying it, but...

As per my previous post, I strongly suspect it won't work and will fall foul of VM's copy protection.

VM allow recording for timeshift purposes, on your specific STB.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

g0akc
Problem sorter

Putting aside the legality issues you’d need to break/overcome the HDCP. Some but not all HDMI splitters will do so.  I’m not condoning it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Thommy01

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

This isn't something that our V6 boxes support unfortunately.

My apologies.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs