cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

green screen

abbg05700
Tuning in

hi,my v6 box went off and its come up with a green screen of death !! help !! what next,ive restarted it several times and nothing......phoned 150 reported a fault and they asked me to provide a mobile number,sent a link but going through that hasnt worked.

can i arrange a new v6 box online ?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you mean the green "DVR has detected an error" screen, then this means your hard drive has failed and your box needs replacing.

You have a couple of choices for reporting this:

1: Do what you've already done - call VM faults, but after you've chosen the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", don't press any more buttons and ignore the various prompts for getting links, going online etc... just wait on the line and you should go into the queue for a faults agent.

2: Wait on here for staff to respond, this may take an extra 24-48 hours, this isn't a real-time facility.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hi thanks for getting back to me,i phoned back and hung on for an agent,explained the problem and they have booked an engineer for friday between 4pm-7pm,lets hope they turn up !! i will update when its fixed.

all done,box changed and works fine now.....time to consider 360 !!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@abbg05700 wrote:
all done,box changed and works fine now.....time to consider 360 !!

Glad you're sorted. Read up on the 360 and decide to migrate on an informed basis, not on a whim.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks