cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting bad tv picture, pixelation and breakup

JC31457
On our wavelength

getting bad tv picture, pixelation and breakup, for a while now, called faults but they cut the call off

bad pic 1bad pic 1bad pic 2bad pic 2

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That looks like a recorded programme being played back - the first test is to see whether your live TV is affected. If it is, there's the issue and you do indeed need to report to faults.

If live TV is ok, try pausing for perhaps 30 seconds or so - then resume. This is effectively a recording and uses your hard drive in the same way.

Although it's a fault in either case, this will help narrow down what the cause is. A signal fault could be caused by box issues or cabling faults. A hard drive fault means box replacement.

VM staff will respond on here, but it's not a real-time service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @JC31457, and I'm terribly sorry to hear of the issues with the picture on the set top box.

If you would be able to answer the questions posted by @japitts, that would be most helpful

Can you also please confirm if this happens on all recordings or just this one programme? Do all recordings on this channel record to a similar standard?

Please ensure all cabling in tight, that would be appreciated

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

JC31457
On our wavelength

Hi, it is both live TV and recordings, its various channels, and its intermittant. but where a program suffers the break up it will be throughout the program on and off. cables are all fine, box restarted from fully off also

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping us posted on this JC31457. I've done some checks using your forum info today and can see there are some issues that will require the attention of an engineer. I'll be able to get a visit arranged for you if you get back to me via PM - just look out for the purple envelope icon and we'll take it from there.

Tom

Hi @JC31457

Thanks for coming back to us via private message.  The appointment has been booked for the first available appointment, at the time when we accessed your PM.  You can view and if required amend it in your online account.

Regards

Lee_R

JC31457
On our wavelength

Hi, engineers been today swapped out the box, but I have no tv service now just the menu, engineer said "totally out of my hands"

spoke to faults in uk who couldn't fix it, they said they would pass me over to second line tv, call rang for ages was then answered in india which was back to first line faults they did same test, couldn't fix it, said they will pass to second line (same story)

dreadful customer service, no ownership of problem, and no TV at all for me now 😞     

Thanks for your reply and update, JC31457,

Sorry to hear of the ongoing issues with TV reception. Our records show that you have since been in tough with our care team to have things sorted.  Let us know if you need anything else.

Cheers,

Corey C

JC31457
On our wavelength

Finally a resolution, second engineer today found that the newly replaced v6 arris box was not passing any signal from the cable.

So another new box installed and live TV working again, after 3.5 days with no TV at all

If only the first engineer had not just left the job in a non working state, saying it would come on in 2 hours, which it didn’t, and he never arranged any follow up visit, I had to log another fault to get something further done.  Thanks also to forum help.

Hi @JC31457 thanks for coming back to us.

Also thanks for confirming your issue is now resolved.  I am sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Regards

Lee_R