Menu
Highlighted
miker0
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

channels missing from My Favourites

Yesterday My Favourites was OK. Today several channels ( including SKY1 ) had gone from My Favourites. Have now added them back by in.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: channels missing from My Favourites

Hi miker0,

Thanks for posting.  

Sorry for the disruption with your favourites list.  Should you encounter any further problems, give us a shout.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
miker0
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Today found several channels missing from favorites including TCM and both EUROSPORT

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi when you set up your favourites you have to go to the top right corner and click on the finish icon. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
cheekyangus
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Virgin Media are moving various channels to a new compression technology which uses less space on their network. When they move channels about on their network (I mean behind the scenes, not the channel numbers you see on the Guide) an unfortunate side affect is that it unFavourites them.

When moving channels over to this new technology some channels need moved behind the scenes, others don't, so this unFavouriting hasn't been happening with all these changes.

In theory the only change the customer will notice is that recordings take less space, in practice there can, in certain circumstances, be this side affect.

The short answer is sadly you just need to reFavourite them, and keep an eye on the rest of your list as Virgin are only about two thirds of the way through this change. They are currently changing on average about 10-20 channels a week.