radfordred
Joining in

channel 169 quest hd will not play at all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi radfordred,

I've just tried the channel - Quest HD on 169, and it seems to be working for me.

Is it showing greyed on your guide, and does channel 213 - Quest +1 work for you?

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi radfordred,

I've just tried the channel - Quest HD on 169, and it seems to be working for me.

Is it showing greyed on your guide, and does channel 213 - Quest +1 work for you?

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What happens when you try to watch Channel 169? Are there any error messages or codes on-screen?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

plus 1 works fine and it doesn't show grey on guide.when I put channel on it just goes scrambled

Hi,

As japitts asked, are there any error messages? ...

If not, you could try rebooting the box, the ye olde switch off and on again at the back ploy lol, you never know.

I've just checked again and it's still showing OK for me.

🤔

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

when I switch from a channel to 169 it shows a very scrambled picture of the previous channel

Strange ...

Presuming all the cables are firmly connected, and are the right ones, which would seem so, given you are having no issues with other channels, I'd still be inclined to reboot the box first, it would rule out some things.

But there are more experienced members on here that could help you with this if the reboot doesn't help.

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That sounds like either a tuner or signal fault, nothing to do with your EPG or channel guide.

Reboot your box once if you've not already, if symptoms persist you have a fault that will need VM intervention.

At that point - check for known issues using 0800 5610061 and if nothing's reported, you'll be best to call in to faults.

Alternatively, VM staff will respond on here but it may take a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi radforred, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing some issues with the channel 169. 

Are you still having this problem today? If so, can you please advise if you have had a chance to check the service?

Also, do you have more than one box in the home and if you do, is this happening on all of them? 

Let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks 

Nat

hi its all good now thanks