cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

black screen immediately after the adverts on itv hub app

themayneman
Tuning in

I have been trying for a couple of weeks now but keep getting the same problem. I go to "all apps" choose itv hub and find the program I want to watch. ITV hub starts, I see a couple of adverts then 3 moving dots for about a second or two followed by a totally black screen and nothing else!  I have even reset the tivo box back to factory spec (losing everything I had previously recorded) just to see if that would work, but no. Any advice please?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Disregard the lack of an error message if this doesn't resolve, and follow the instructions on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/604 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Thank you very much for your help and the link to the error code page, I had the HDMI lead plugged into the wrong socket, there is only one supports HDCP 2.2 and I wasn't using it! All sorted now 🙂

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've mentioned a TiVo, but it doesn't have the ITV Hub app, only the V6 does. Can you confirm? Check here if you're not sure.

Are you viewing on a 4K UHD TV? Or a Samsung TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Sorry, yes it is the V6 box, my mistake. I have heard that there is a known problem in this area and it's due to be fixed by tomorrow. I'll update here when sorted. The tv is a LG uhd ready model.

Thanks for your help.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Disregard the lack of an error message if this doesn't resolve, and follow the instructions on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/604 

Thank you very much for your help and the link to the error code page, I had the HDMI lead plugged into the wrong socket, there is only one supports HDCP 2.2 and I wasn't using it! All sorted now 🙂