cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube not loading

Cathie-Tony
Tuning in

I have the same problem with Youtube as described.  I've closed down and re-started the box several times, without effect.  So, what is this hub that you mention that also needs rebooting? 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your post has been moved to a new thread rather than adding "me too" to someone elses.

With that in mind, could you explain the problem you're having, and what you've tried so far?

Does OnDemand work on your TV box, as that's a good test of the internet connection. If you're not sure - try it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I reported a few months ago that the personal videos that I had loaded to YouTube no longer appeared in 'My Videos" when I accessed YouTube through my Virgin Tivo box.  They were still there on all my other devices.  Some solutions were suggested, but none of them made the slightest difference, and the videos never reappeared.

Now - as of two days ago - YouTube does not load at all.  No matter which route is used, we first get the grey screen and the wheel (which doesn't rotate) and then the screen clears and the YouTube logo appears.  And there it stays.  I cannot log into YouTube at all. 

I have checked all the connections, I have disconnected and reconnected all the cables, I have switched off the power for a while and switched it back on again.  None of it makes any difference. 

All the other functions, such as On Demand, work OK and the green lights do not flicker at any stage. 

Any ideas?

Ok, forget that.  I just went down to check one more time and YouTube reappeared, but still nothing in Your Videos. 

Thanks for your interest. 

Hi Cathie-Tony,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've had some issues with YouTube.

I've not been able to find any account details for you, so I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm