cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YOUTUBE some videos stock on loading

stuxter
On our wavelength

For the past few days, I have been experiencing an issue where some videos are stuck on loading. Maybe 1 in 10 videos I attempt to play have the issue and is totally random.

I have reported the fault and got a call back from 2nd line.

As I could not replicate the fault while speaking to the 2nd line agent, I was advised they would have to close the ticket.

As this is totally random, its near impossible to replicate the fault within a few moments.

Needless to say, I still have the fault.

The issue is affecting both v6 stb's. 

I tried loading a problematic video on my mobile phone and it plays fine. I then try casting it to the v6 but just gets stuck on the loading screen again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LeonH
Superfast
I have also noticed this in the last 3 or 4 days.
Completely random when it happens and the videos load perfectly well on the PC and Android Tablet

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @stuxter, welcome back to the forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you are still having issues with some YouTube videos stuck on loading, it is certainly strange how t's not all of them.

Are you seeing this on both the YouTube channel and the app? Can you please also try rebooting your hub to see if this helps?

Let us know if this issue persists, we will be happy to help further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

LeonH
Superfast
I have also noticed this in the last 3 or 4 days.
Completely random when it happens and the videos load perfectly well on the PC and Android Tablet

Others including myself have already reported this on an earlier thread ("YouTube not working"). It's still doing it.

stuxter
On our wavelength

Hi Nathan.

I have tried a logical reboot.

I only use the app.

Can you advise the channel number for youtube? I have looked and cant find a youtube channel.

If there is a youtube channel, I would have presumed it would direct you to the same place anyway, in the same way that the netflix channel does.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @stuxter 

The channel link in the EPG to youtube was removed over a year ago.  From memory I think it was 208.

Are you signed into youtube on your V6 boxes? If so try signing out and back in again,

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

stuxter
On our wavelength

The issue is still occuring.

Can this be looked into please.

It's still a problem for me too.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting back in touch Stuxter.

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing the issue with YouTube not loading on some videos. 

Can you please confirm if you use any other streaming app on the box and if they have any issues?

Also, is the set top box connected directly to the Hub?

Thanks, 

Nat

stuxter
On our wavelength

Hi Nat.

I also use Netflix and Prime apps, which both work fine.

My stb is connected directly to the hub via ethernet.

Its not an issue with specific videos on YouTube.

If the problem occurs on a video that I'm trying to watch, if I save it to 'watch later' and revisit it a day later, more often than not, the video will play fine.