cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong PSU

JonGibbins
Joining in

I was sent a new TV box as part of a new contract. The PSU sent with it does not fit the box, the plug is too large to fit the socket on the box. 

I've tried phoning the help line several times. Last week I was assured that a new PSU would be sent. It has not arrived so I phoned again and they had no record of any PSU being ordered. The line then went dead. I tried phoning again, and again the line went dead. I tried raising an online complaint - the reply I received makes no sense whatsoever. Apparently it can't be ordered offline, even though I was dealing with Virgin online, and I had to call their helpline (which I already have done) but as that is an offline method then according to their own message they won't be able to help.

All I want is the correct PSU for the box that I'm paying for but can't use. Surely this isn't too much to ask for? 

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @JonGibbins

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear about your PSU issue. We want to do our best to help.

I have had a look backend and I can see that you have been in contact with our team recently who arranged for a replacement to be sent out. Is the issue still ongoing? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @ Akua_A, I was assured on Saturday that a replacement will be sent and should be here by Wednesday. But then I was assured 2 weeks ago (twice) that one would be sent and it wasn't. So we'll see if Customer Services remember this time (I'm being polite, there is another word for knowingly misleading).

Hi JonGibbins, 

Thanks for coming back to us via the Community. 

I can certainly see that the PSU has been sent and it should be with you soon. It will be delivered by the Royal Mail. 

If for any reason you don't receive it, to avoid you waiting any longer, we'll book an engineer to come and replace the PSU you have. 

Keep us posted with how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs