cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong PSU

JonGibbins
Joining in

I was sent a new TV box as part of a new contract. The PSU sent with it does not fit the box, the plug is too large to fit the socket on the box. 

I've tried phoning the help line several times. Last week I was assured that a new PSU would be sent. It has not arrived so I phoned again and they had no record of any PSU being ordered. The line then went dead. I tried phoning again, and again the line went dead. I tried raising an online complaint - the reply I received makes no sense whatsoever. Apparently it can't be ordered offline, even though I was dealing with Virgin online, and I had to call their helpline (which I already have done) but as that is an offline method then according to their own message they won't be able to help.

All I want is the correct PSU for the box that I'm paying for but can't use. Surely this isn't too much to ask for? 

12 REPLIES 12

LittleMick73
Superstar

Hi what's a PSU.

Power Supply Unit

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JonGibbins wrote:

I was sent a new TV box as part of a new contract. The PSU sent with it does not fit the box

What TV box have you received - I'd presume a V6 or (more likely) a 360 - can you check here if you're not sure?

Perhaps also post up a photo of what you've been sent so far?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It's a V6. I'll grab some photos when I get back, but basically the plug on the PSU which goes into the back of the unit has a ridge around the end which means it does not fit the socket. 

A V6 and a 360 is actually the same box - so seems more likely if the power connector is different then it is an old TiVo box.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

I've actually got an old as well TiVo box - sadly the PSU is different. 

Yes - the old TiVo has a different PSU but if you have a old V6 PSU then it will be the same as the 360 PSU. The boxes are the same - it is the software which is different.

The only lead which might be different is the lead to the set-top-box power supply.

ozsat_0-1646466254880.png

Sadly I have an old TiVo, and a new V6 with an incorrect PSU. I don't have a 360.

So the V6 box is replacing an old TiVo box?  For which a new PSU would be required. (A 360 box and a V6 box are the same)

You are best calling faults as they should be able to trigger the issue of a replacement PSU. I don't think you'll get much help from the forums over a weekend.