Did you mean: 

Word missing

Hod288
Joining in

Does anyone's tv miss words when watching the programmes

3 REPLIES 3

ALF28
Super solver

I do get that problem, but only on one channel gb news 626, all other channels ok.

I have tried replacing the hdmi cable to the tv, but that made no difference. Also switch to a spare hdmi slot on the tv or swop in case the connection is faulty.

Check all the cable connections are tight, remove and replace the plugs on the tv box and tv ends.

Try freeview to check the tv, in my case freeview is perfect on channel 626 but virgin channel 626 often has missing words so only parts of the conversations can be heard, I have never had a solution to my issue, but must be  my v6 box.

Try a different tv if you have a spare to check if your tv is the problem.

alf28

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hod288 wrote:

Does anyone's tv miss words when watching the programmes

Do you mean, a problem with subtitles?

Or the sound dropping out?

Suggestions for troubleshooting would differ between the two.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Depending on the program some broadcasters now omit certain words which could upset some viewers.

It's more noticable on some of the older programs where there's often a warning that some words could cause offence, or that it contains outdated social attitudes, racial slurs etc.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali