Menu
Qamrul_Nandoo
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wiring Issue

• Everyone’s Suggestions are welcomed !

I have recently joined VM for it’s good internet service , upon installation of the wiring for the cables to run into my house I suggest wether I could have the super hub in my living room which is downstairs in the back house. The engineer said the cables cannot run over or around my house so it had to be installed in the front bedroom closest to the cables outside. Now I upgraded my package to have the TV box in the living room however it’s impossible to make it work as the coax cable cannot run through the house down to my TV box. It’s been really frustrating and can’t seem to find a solution. Any help would be wonderful!! (Sorry for the long paragraph!) 

Thank you !

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wiring Issue

Just to double check that the engineer wasnt just in a rush (it happens 🙂) - is it really not possible to access the back room from the front ? Are you in the middle of a terrace for example? They wont go over a roof nowadays.
They will run the cable inside the house if you want but it will be your responsibility to "conceal" them and/or prepare a run (e.g. with conduit tubing and "pull ropes") under floorboards, behind furniture/skirting boards, through ceilings, etc.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Qamrul_Nandoo
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Much appreciate the reply ! 

The engineers were super cool and in no rush but the weather condition was horrific that day so it potentially might have been done in simpler way. It is possible to run the cable from the front through the house and into the back of the house where the living room is but I wasn’t offered that option I just thought that’s part of the installation policy. 

Thank you ! 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You havent answered whether it is technically possible or not to run the cable around the house on the outside simply.
Someone else with more knowledge of how they run cable inside the house needs to comment but you should call CS again and explain the issue and check that when the "TV Upgrade" is activated you get a technician install and not a self-install.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Qamrul_Nandoo
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I misread your comment, it is 100% possible to go around the house , I’m the first house on the road so it can go around the house through the garden and into the back living room.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Quamrul_Nandoo thank you for your post.

If you need wiring to locate the Tivo box in a separate room from the Hub you may need to ensure your installation is a manned install rather than a self install.

Please let us know if you've booked a self install or a manned install so that we can advise further.

If you'd like to request to relocate your Hub this would cost a relocation fee of £99.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OK then when you get the TV install make sure they run the cable around the house as you would like to the point you want the new connection for the TV.
Note that if you are getting a V6 it also needs connecting to the Hub. This is best done via a Cat6 ethernet cable - although wifi is possible. So if you can pre-lay that cable from where the Hub is to where the V6 is going that would help as they probably wont be able to ethernet connect it for you over that distance.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos