Menu
Highlighted
Liz2409
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Will sound bar help poor quality V6 box

The sound quality on the V6 box is so abysmal I have to have it up to 50+ for some programmes! I’m wondering if a sound bar will help? Had anyone tried this option?

Corinneangela
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will sound bar help poor quality V6 box

I have a soundbar - Samsung TV and Samsung soundbar and it's fine for me.

jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's not the v6 at fault, it's a conpatibility with your TV.  If you plugged in another TV in the v6 it would be fine.

A soundbar would work as it can bypass the TV sound

Liz2409
Tuning in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@jb66 wrote:

It's not the v6 at fault, it's a bug with your TV.  If you plugged in another TV in the v6 it would be fine.

Looking at all the other complaints about the poor sound quality of the V6 boxes I’m not sure why you think it is my TV at fault, especially as the sound is great when on Freeview. Can you expand a little more please

Liz2409
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Liz2409 wrote:

@jb66 wrote:

It's not the v6 at fault, it's a bug with your TV.  If you plugged in another TV in the v6 it would be fine.

Looking at all the other complaints about the poor sound quality of the V6 boxes I’m not sure why you think it is my TV at fault, especially as the sound is great when on Freeview. Can you expand a little more please

I have an LG tv if that helps

jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

My neighbour had the same issue, we swapped the TV round with the bedroom TV and it had perfect sound.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Community elder
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Liz2409 wrote:

When I had a sound problem on my new Samsung TV it turned out that the software on the TV needed "rewriting" - done by the Samsung UK Support group who connected to my TV online and did it - problem solved.  So is your LG software up to date ?  Run a software update on it.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
djurornic
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Liz, 

I'm onto my second flat screen TV now and both times I've found the inbuilt speakers totally lacking - assuming your TV is flatscreen? As per the suggestions below the first step is to check your LG's software is up to date (which should be easy-peasy). Second thing is to check the audio settings on your v6 box if you have not done so already.

Last piece of advice, yes, definitely go for a sound bar as this will be a massive improvement on your LG's speakers (I have a soundbar).

Djuro

coypu13
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Liz, same problem as you. V6 volume really low compared to freeview and roku (Now tv) invested in a sound bar which gave a slightly improved sound quality but did absolutely nothing to sort out the V6 volume problem.

djurornic
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

That's very odd indeed. Have you played around with the audio settings on your V6 box to see if that makes a difference? 

0 Kudos