cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I keep my recordings when moving house?

mdeb
Tuning in

Hello everyone,

When I upgraded from the TiVo Box to the V6 Box I stupidly thought that the recordings coukd be transferred over. 
I am now moving from London to Nottingham with all the same equipment/boxes, will my recordings still be there?
Apologies if it’s a dumb question, much appreciation in advance for anyone who takes the time to reply - it will save me much needed minutes (hours?) on the phone to them again.

Miri.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mdeb wrote:

When I upgraded from the TiVo Box to the V6 Box I stupidly thought that the recordings coukd be transferred over.

A change of box means a change of hard drive, and your recordings are lost.

@mdeb wrote:

I am now moving from London to Nottingham with all the same equipment/boxes, will my recordings still be there?

Moving your existing equipment from location A to location B won't affect your recordings, they will still be accessible.

If you are converting a V6 to 360, that is a change of software platform and includes a reformat of your box's hard drive. All recordings & series links are lost.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you get upgraded from the v6 software to the 360 software you will loose all recordings 

Thanks so much for your answer - no mention was made of this when I arranged the installation at my new home.

I assumed that everything was remaining the same. I’ve had the v6 Box for about 4 years.

I think I may have to call them again after all to find out.

Thanks again.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mdeb wrote:

A change of box means a change of hard drive, and your recordings are lost.

@mdeb wrote:

Moving your existing equipment from location A to location B won't affect your recordings, they will still be accessible.

If you are converting a V6 to 360, that is a change of software platform and includes a reformat of your box's hard drive. All recordings & series links are lost.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for clarifying, you’ve been most helpful.