cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't Virgin Media deliver a box to my front door, to replace a faulty box?

Andymcauley
Joining in

My box has a fault (DVR) and cant be repaired. I had an appointment scheduled for today cancelled for 14 days because of covid. Is there any reason Virgin can't deliver to front doors like any other company?

12 REPLIES 12

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM do not send out boxes for fault issues as on occasions the box turns out not to be the cause of the fault. Boxes are only sent out for new services or swap outs due to obsolescence.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The box on this occasion is the fault and needs replaced, it's only a matter of them delivering a new box no engineer needed at all.

Hey @Andymcauley,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
Unfortunately we have to send out a technician for your box to be checked first to see if the faults could be resolved and then if its proven that a new box would be needed, the engineer would be able to replace the box there and then for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

As stated the box cant be fix 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

And as per the responses already posted, fault replacements are done by tech visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

No need for a tech visit to replace a box that cant be fixed. All that is needed was the box delivered as arranged and for me to unplug the broken box and install the new box. 

Ps. It was a tech guy who informed me that it would need replaced.

I have been told its not  repairable, so why are they sending a tech guy to deliver a box anyone with half a brain can swap over?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You mean you actually WANT the hassle of returning the faulty box to Virgin yourself.

Believe me, if someone is going to come & replace it for you go for it. There are many complaints on these boards with issues getting return packaging out of Virgin.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

We do appreciate your frustration with this Andymcauley. As we have advised though a technician is needed and so if someone in the property does have symptoms of COVID 19 or has COVID 19 then we wouldn't be able to complete the visit. 

^Martin