cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I watch on demand with my V6 box?

brian01_uk
On our wavelength

I have a Full House package.

The VM service provides recommendations in My Show listing which includes mainly On Demand programmes that it thinks I would be interested to see.

Sadly, when I try to view them, I get an error message that advises they aren't available right now!

It doesn't matter if the programme is days / weeks ago., its not accessible. There are no "bars" on any services. 

I've no clue why this happens, and even if I reboot / restart the box, this doesn't fix the problem.

Any suggestions to resolve this will be much appreciated, as this is rendering this feature of the VM service worthless!!!

Thanks in advance.. 

14 REPLIES 14

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion which sadly has not been successful. I made additional test as below...

I have a second V6 box for use in another room with Sony projector and Yamaha Amp.

I tried using this second V6 box, to connect to the first V6 box and again got the 603 error message returned.

For me, this confirms the problem is not related to any of my equipment.

I'm wondering if this is a V6 box issue that does occur, albeit infrequently, and needs it/them both to be swopped out?

Would a v360 be a better swop out option?

Any suggestions to get this finally resolved would be appreciated.

Kind regards, Brian

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried swapping the 2 V6 boxes around? That should help confirm if it's the  actual V6 box that's at fault

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

Thanks for taking your time and your suggestion to swap the V6 boxes.

Previously, the community suggestions made were to prove it was or not, my connections / TV HDMI cable 2.2 connectivity as the most likely cause. Changing the cable and the HDMI ports used made no difference. That seems to have eliminated my equipment being the root cause of my issue.

Given that I could replicate the problem feeding the stored "My Shows" thru a second V6 for me further reconfirmed the problem remains with Virgin, as the onward connectivity is totally different (Sony projector and Yamaha Amp) 

That turning the box off for 15 mins and then restarting it allows me to see just one on-demand program before getting the 603 message again was my conclusion the box remains the problem - whether its firmware ir something else that's the root cause, I am in the hands of the engineer, as it seems your suggestions - I imagine to leave it to the engineer to determine options going forward. 

If you've any other thoughts, I'd much appreciate hearing your comments, all of which are taken in the positive spirit of helping each other, so my thanks once again.

Brian

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I may have missed something here, but...

Is only one V6 affected? Has that V6 being swapped with another, otherwise working, V6? I can't see clear confirmation of this.

The suggestion above, of changing to 360 to resolve this are not guaranteed to help but may also open other cans of worms.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Good Morning @brian01_uk, thanks for your post on our Community Forums

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner, and I'll seek to assist you further with an engineer booking or a possible box swap

Kindest regards,

David_Bn