cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I watch on demand with my V6 box?

brian01_uk
On our wavelength

I have a Full House package.

The VM service provides recommendations in My Show listing which includes mainly On Demand programmes that it thinks I would be interested to see.

Sadly, when I try to view them, I get an error message that advises they aren't available right now!

It doesn't matter if the programme is days / weeks ago., its not accessible. There are no "bars" on any services. 

I've no clue why this happens, and even if I reboot / restart the box, this doesn't fix the problem.

Any suggestions to resolve this will be much appreciated, as this is rendering this feature of the VM service worthless!!!

Thanks in advance.. 

14 REPLIES 14

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How is your box connected to the internet?

Are you using an Ethernet cable or using WiFi to connect to your VM hub?

Issues with this connection can cause these problems.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per previous, OnDemand uses the internet which on a V6 is courtesy of your Home-hub, so how is that connected?

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network - does it show connected, with an IP address in the top-right? If yours is connected wirelessly, what's the signal strength?

Your box should give an error code when OnDemand fails, which will give a big clue as to the reason for failure. What's the code you get?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @brian01_uk,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with On Demand content lately. Have you followed the advice offered by the other community members in this thread yet to ensure you're connected properly?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi,

Sorry for delay to respind after you'd been so speedy to help me..

It is ethernet cable attached.

The error code is 603. 

Thanks again,

Brian

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Brian,

Error 603 may be due to your HDMI cable not being HDCP2.2 compliant.

You might find the apps on demand work if you change the V6 video settings to 1080p, or try the HDMI cable in a different port.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/603 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

HDMI cable and LG OLED TV are both HDCP 2.2 compliant. 

The 1080p approach doesnt work either.

The TV port is the correct one for connectivity having confirmed that with LG???

Any other ideas / suggestions that may solve this?? would be appreciated?

Thanks, Brian

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@brian01_uk wrote:

The 1080p approach doesnt work either.

Can you explain?

There's a couple of scenarios where Error 603 can happen..

1: HDCP issues - changing the output resolution to 1080 and rebooting the box (shouldn't have to but it can help) should eliminate this.

2: Random software gremlins/compatibility - a restart is the fix here.

What's the model number of your TV?

Hi again,

thanks for persevering with me.

1. Interesting since last message -- If I reboot the VM 6 box, I can play just one on demand recording. Then if I try a second one, I have this 603 message. Of course. 

2. The TV is lg-oled65w8pla. The software is fully up to date.

Thanks again,

Brian

Thanks for coming back to us @brian01_uk,

Is it possible to try an alternative HMDI cable, and/or an alternative HDMI port on the TV?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn