cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are Virgin removing YouTube Channel?

Kmacb
Tuning in

Mildly annoyed YouTube is getting removed from Channel 198 from Monday, it will still be on Apps and games but that a whole load of extra clicks to get there, just wondering why Virgin are removing it ? 

12 REPLIES 12

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kmacb wrote:

Mildly annoyed YouTube is getting removed from Channel 198 from Monday, it will still be on Apps and games but that a whole load of extra clicks to get there, just wondering why Virgin are removing it ? 

Don't know why, but presumably it will still be in the My Shows list, which is how I always access it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Do you know how you got it in your shows list as it doesn't show in mine and that would actually work for me? 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kmacb wrote:

Do you know how you got it in your shows list as it doesn't show in mine and that would actually work for me? 

Sorry, but I don't remember, assumed it was always there.

The only thing I can think is that perhaps you need to be logged in to your You Tube account via the app on the V6 box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Graham_A wrote:

@Kmacb wrote:

Sorry, but I don't remember, assumed it was always there.

The only thing I can think is that perhaps you need to be logged in to your You Tube account via the app on the V6 box.

Just checked on my second V6 box which is not signed into a You Tube account and the You Tube link is there in the My Shows list.  It is the penultimate item In the list, just above the option for the other box. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It should also be at the bottom of the "Search & Explore" menu.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Jac80
Just joined

I agree this is mildly irritating. It’s also annoying to have no reasoning for the decision, just being directed to something on the website would be really helpful rather than being left wondering why a seemingly random decision has been made 

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post and sorry to hear of the inconvenience. 

You will still be able to find the Youtube app on the app section of the menu.

Thanks, Emily.

'It’s also annoying to have no reasoning for the decision'

to free up space for more exciting channels? (i'm using a typical provider reply here!)

Yes it tells you that on c198, seems a strange decision and I say mildly annoying