Woke up to find V6 box flashing white then pink and stuck on starting up page

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: White and pink flashing light

Turn the V6 off with the switch at the back of the box

Hold the + and standby buttons together and then turn the box on and wait till you see the welcome screen.

If the fault is not resolved then you may have a faulty V6 box and will need to phone virgin.

150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile or 03454541111 from any phone

Lines are open Mon to Fri 8am-9pm, Sat 8am-8pm, Sun 8am-6pm

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dkfisher,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear that your V6 box was stuck on the starting up page, and I can appreciate this would be concerning for you.

I hope you've managed to get this resolved since your post, if not please pop back on here and we will be able to assist you further. 

Thanks,

Melissa

0 Kudos
highfields9
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My v6 box is getting very unreliable, freezing and the light going orange.

I guess I'm going to need a new box and lose all the stuff I want to watch on the box?

Is there ever going to be a solution to this common problem? It's only 4-5 months old and at 25% capacity.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Thank you for visiting the Community.

Sorry about your V6 box issue. Have you tried troubleshooting? If not, check it here .

We might need to check your box and have it replaced or send out a technician to check it. We can do this via online chat.

Please let us know if this help.

^elvee_o

0 Kudos
highfields9
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes I tried everything I read online here, the troubleshooting guide isn't much use if the whole v6 box is frozen up, you have to turn it off and on again, doing the + and standby button thing helped to a point but the box always quickly reverted to dead, looping around starting up or just a frozen screen with the remote doing nothing. The 'engineer' has been today and his only option was to replace the box so I've lost everything I had saved to watch later - defeats the point of a box really doesn't it. If (when) I need a further replacement v6 box I'll be ending my contract as it's not doing its job. As the engineer said, there is too much packed into this tiny box and the hard drive isn't as reliable as it ought to be - 4 months old is pathetic. 3 times last night what I presume to be a software download ran to my box [flashing down arrow and 3 dots] and it was running fine this morning until I was showing the Virgin Man how everything seemed fine but then it all went black, it did restart when powered off but it was proving totally unreliable. Let's see how long box 2 lasts.

0 Kudos
Dkfisher
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Tried your advice but still no change. I've emailed virgin but no reply. Looks like need new box. Never had this much trouble all the years with sky. Seems these V6 boxes very poor quality

0 Kudos
ronlube
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

same problem here tried to report it and got told to go away and wait a day or 2 . I tried calling them again today and get a message saying there is a falt then cuts out . I cant even get through to talk to someone 

sky maybe not as good but they atleast answer the phone

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, sorry to hear about connection issues you've been experiencing . Are there any related area faults displayed on our service status page? Check this link:virg.in/service and let us know if it helps.^ JPF

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Dkfisher
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No related faults in area. My second V6 box upstairs is working as should. The faulty box needs exchanging is there anyway this can be organised. Fed up of paying for service I'm not receiving.

0 Kudos