cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will channel guide be updated for tennis tonight?

MikeR371
On our wavelength

Channel 4 have got the US Open final tonight at 8pm. On my system the channel guide hasn't been updated and is showing the previous programmes still. Will the guide be updated or is there anything I can do to refresh it?

9 REPLIES 9

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VMs third party EPG partner has to update the guide, which is then refreshed every 2 hours automatically by the TiVO boxes.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Guide on my TV 360 has been updated.

B2925FA4-29EB-4C7A-854C-857346DBB8AC.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If TV360 has the updated EPG, it's likely live on VM's servers.

On a V6, check for - and manually force if necessary - an EPG refresh using Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. Check the timings on the LHS.

"Connect to Virgin Media Services now" to manually update.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TiVO/V6 EPG is now updated. If your box is still does not show the change then follow the instructions in the post above.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Evening @MikeR371, can you please confirm if the guide updated for you ahead of the match for you?

Have you experienced any other issues with the guide since your post?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

MikeR371
On our wavelength

I went out at 5pm and it hadn't updated by then. I set it to record the programmes on the schedule from 8pm instead in the hope that this would cover it, but when I got in nothing at all had been recorded.

Rather annoyed to say the least. Anyone know the result?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MikeR371 wrote:

I went out at 5pm and it hadn't updated by then. I set it to record the programmes on the schedule from 8pm instead in the hope that this would cover it, but when I got in nothing at all had been recorded.

It won't help you now, but you set planned recordings for programmes that were then pulled from the schedule, those recordings failed by design. Given that the schedule was updated, you could have recorded the correct programme, either on your box or using TV Control app remotely.

What you can do - for future reference - is to set manual recordings. Using Home > My Shows & Recordings > Set manual recording. Those will stick regardless of what happens to the schedule.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I set a manual recording allowing 30 minutes overrun & still missed the presentation at the end. Fortunately I watched it delayed by about 40 minutes & could watch the rest off of the channel buffer.

Hi MikeR371 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that the TV guide did not update in time for you to set your recording.  We can feed this back on your behalf, to determine if there's anything we could have done as a company to have sped the changes up.  In regards to moving forwards, I would recommend the advice of japitts if a similar situation arises.  

Regards

Lee_R