cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird V6 Lights behaviour (every Friday night??!)

deans6571
Wise owl

As per the title, for the past few months, every Friday night at about 8pm - 10pm (this only happens once but can happen at any point during this time), the lights on my V6 all come on :

deans6571_0-1624259188833.png

The 'data' light come on at the same time as the 'wifi' light. They both come for about 10 seconds, and then the wifi light goes off and the data light then turns white for a few seconds and then also goes out.

I don't lose any connectivity whilst watching tv and nothing happens on my Hub 3 (it stays on with no issues).

Its strange because this ONLY happens on a Friday night?!!!

@Megan_L wrote:

Hi Deans6571, 

Thanks for your continued post on our forums about this issue with your TV box lights. 

As one of our colleagues was dealing with this over PM, can I ask what came about about you messaged them? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi,

I PMd Lee_R (one of your VM colleagues) on Thursday last week. He hasn't responded yet as he last said he would follow up once he's next on shift (he didn't say when this would be though).

I'm in no hurry as strangely, this issue only seems to happen on a Friday night - my services are fine at other times?!!!!!!!

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @deans6571 

Lee should be in today,  I will ask him to follow up on this. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi @deans6571 Zak has contacted me. 

Sorry I have not received the direct message you're referring to.

I am assuming that the issue has re-arisen?  If so did you take the steps on your box that I previously suggested?  This was to flag the issue (date and time) on your box so my colleagues could see from their side.

Regards

Lee

@Lee_R wrote:

Hi @deans6571 Zak has contacted me. 

Sorry I have not received the direct message you're referring to.

I am assuming that the issue has re-arisen?  If so did you take the steps on your box that I previously suggested?  This was to flag the issue (date and time) on your box so my colleagues could see from their side.

Regards

Lee

Hi.

Its a little strange how you can't see the PM I sent to you last Thursday as its 100% showing in my Sent Items...?!

This is the message I sent:

[START]

This issue happened again last night (Wednesday 22nd July) at about 22:41:

deans6571_0-1627480317578.png

This time it stayed like this for a good half hour. I tried the 'Connect to Virgin Media Now' option from within the Settings page and of course it failed. I then resorted to rebooting my Hub 3 which then seemed to cure the issue as the box then connected when I then tried the 'Connect.......' option.

All very strange as everything was then working correctly after the reboot....?!!!!

[END]

I couldn't actually unfortunately do that button press thing as had to look in my PM Inbox to find the sequence (didn't have my phone nearby to check this) but it did happen at around 22:41 on Wednesday 22nd July - surely that should be enough to locate this within the logs ?

If it happens again, I'll write down the sequence so I'll be sure to action it.

Hi @deans6571

Thanks for getting back to me.  As I was not in the office from Wednesday evening onwards, I think the PM was never assigned to me, sorry.  Thanks for the further info.  I will send the details off to my colleagues to see if they can view from that.  If they cannot I will get back to you.

Regards

Lee

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Out of interest, when the "connect to VM services now" fails, what's the error?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @deans6571

Still no update at this time.  I will get back to you when I have an update.

Regards

Lee

@japitts wrote:

Out of interest, when the "connect to VM services now" fails, what's the error?

....it goes through a 5 step connection process and it fails at step 2 (can't recall the exact on-screen message).

@Lee_R wrote:

Hi @deans6571

Still no update at this time.  I will get back to you when I have an update.

Regards

Lee

Hi again Lee,

Just as an update, last night at around 20:30, my box very briefly showed that light symbol again - it was literally on for just 10 seconds this time! I grabbed my remote and pressed that button press you suggested (911 Clear) but I'm not sure it actually did anything as all it seemed to do was to change the channels...?! 

Anyhow, just wanted to keep this thread updated.

Hi deans6571,

Thank you for coming back to us and for the update, as the original issue was happening on a Friday night please keep a eye on things and let us know how you get on?

Regards

Paul.