Menu
ten-tenths
Dialled in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

We’ve made some changes

I know this has been posted elsewhere, but when are VM going to stop putting up the “we’ve made some changes...please find xxx now on channel xxx” following the last round of Channel Roulette.

yes, I have rebooted the V6 but I’m still getting these messages on screen. Annoying as I use a Samsung smart remote to control the V6 and that doesn’t have the equivalent of the clear button on the VM remote.

Jon

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: We’ve made some changes

Typical example of VM being in a no-win situation.

They didn't put up banners when BBC2 HD moved a few weeks ago & they were accused of not informing people.

They put up the banners with the latest changes (which should be removed later this week) & they are annoying people.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

ten-tenths
Dialled in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So despite the messages supposedly being removed at the end of last week they are still there.....

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

Typical example of VM being in a no-win situation.

They didn't put up banners when BBC2 HD moved a few weeks ago & they were accused of not informing people.

They put up the banners with the latest changes (which should be removed later this week) & they are annoying people.

I'm so glad someone else has said this 🙂

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

"Annoying as I use a Samsung smart remote to control the V6 and that doesn’t have the equivalent of the clear button on the VM remote."

Virgin like any other service provider try to keep it's customers informed of changes, it can not take into account of those that use third party devices and then become annoyed when they do not have the functionality to use the instructions.

Simple solution use the V6 remote.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It's perhaps worth pointing out that the "One4All" universal remotes have an excellent learning feature which can be "taught" functions that are non-standard. So my O4A has "learned" numerous TiVo functions that would otherwise need the VM-remote.

But @michaeldavis does make what seems an excellent point otherwise... this hardly seems VM's fault.

0 Kudos
ten-tenths
Dialled in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The point I’m trying to make is that it’s about time VM removed the messages.....we get it, you’ve made some changes.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ten-tenths and apologies for the delay in getting back to you,

The notifications have now been removed, we're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ten-tenths
Dialled in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Michael

Still getting the messages. I have rebooted my V6 but if, for example, I go to W HD on channel 211 I still get the message that Dave ja vu is now on channel 131.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply @ten-tenths,

This is strange! I've just checked the channels you mentioned and neither come up with the messages.

Is there an option to dismiss the message? If so try that and then go back to the channel again and see if it comes back up.

Let us know,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos