cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch recording not from beginning

pmainwaring
Tuning in

I want to watch some recorded programmes on my V6 box from a particular start point and not from the beginning of the programme. How can I get the playback to start lets say 15 minutes into the recording?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the 360 board but asked about a V6 - which do you have? The two boxes run completely different software.

A V6 box will have the "TiVo" logo in the top-right corner, next to the video-preview screen. If you're not sure which you have, you can check here 

The answer for a V6 is... when you're on the screen to "play now" to start watching the recording, pressing the "right" button on your remote will bring up a sub-menu for "from beginning" & "resume from previous" or similar wording. But if you have a 360, I'll leave it to others to answer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the 360 board but asked about a V6 - which do you have? The two boxes run completely different software.

A V6 box will have the "TiVo" logo in the top-right corner, next to the video-preview screen. If you're not sure which you have, you can check here 

The answer for a V6 is... when you're on the screen to "play now" to start watching the recording, pressing the "right" button on your remote will bring up a sub-menu for "from beginning" & "resume from previous" or similar wording. But if you have a 360, I'll leave it to others to answer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi pmainwaring,

If it's a 360  then try the following:-

To skip forwards/backwards 15 minutes in recordings - press MIC and say "go forward 15 minutes" or "go back 15 minutes"
You can also say "fast forward 10 minutes" or whatever amount of time you want.

To watch a recording from a saved point, click Home > Saved > Continue Watching > OK

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ah sorry, I didn't notice that I was posting in the wrong board. I definitely have a V6 so I'll repeat the post in the correct board. Thanks for setting me straight.

pmainwaring
Tuning in

I want to watch some recorded programmes on my V6 box from a particular start point and not from the beginning of the programme. How can I get the playback to start lets say 15 minutes into the recording? I posted the question on the wrong board yesterday.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pmainwaring 

No need to create duplicate posts - it just causes confusion with replies going in different places. I've combined your posts and moved it for you.

The answer to your question is in post 2 above, but copied below...

Hi there @pmainwaring

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to see you have had this issue with your V6 box! 

I can see our community members @japitts and @newappollo have been very helpful here with information so huge thank you to you both! 

Can I ask if you are still facing this issue or if this has now been resolved? 

Thank you.

Hi Ash,

I am still having the same problem. It tried it again last night by going to My Shows and then to the recording I want to watch. If it is one that I haven't watched then the only option is to Play. If it is one I have watched part of before I can Resume Playing but if I move the selector to the right then the only sub-option I get is From The Beginning. When I highlight that option there doesn't seem to be any way to change it. It doesn't matter which button I press, that option does not change.

Is there another way to achieve what I am trying to do?

Thanks,

Pete

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"Resume playing" will pick up watching from where you left off.

"From beginning" restarts from the beginning.

Thanks for that information but I did know that already. What I want to do is to be able to watch a recording from a certain point. Let's say I don't want to watch the first 20 minutes of a recorded programme because I watched that part on live TV. I go away and come back and want to watch the rest of the programme from 20 minutes into it. Is there a way of going to the recording and specifying that I want to start watching from 20 minutes from the beginning?