cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume / mute button not working on V6 remote

AnnS2
Tuning in

My remote is no longer reacting to the volume/mute buttons. I’ve followed all instructions (using remote & settings) for pairing the remote with the V6 but I still can’t get volume or mute buttons to work. All others are fine. Volume and mute flashes green when pressed (others flash red) when pressed. If that helps?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @AnnS2 

I know it sounds silly, but have you tried new batteries?

If that doesn't work you should be able to order a replacement by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link  Order new remote 

If the links aren't working either clear your cache and cookies or try a different browser

You can also try the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am -10am, or afternoon teatime to avoid call queues

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Or you can wait a day or two for Forum Staff to pick this up for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @AnnS2 

I know it sounds silly, but have you tried new batteries?

If that doesn't work you should be able to order a replacement by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link  Order new remote 

If the links aren't working either clear your cache and cookies or try a different browser

You can also try the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am -10am, or afternoon teatime to avoid call queues

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Or you can wait a day or two for Forum Staff to pick this up for you.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Ann 

You can easily check the battery power by following the instructions below ... On your remote:

Home > Help and Settings > System Info > System Info > then 'Ch Down' twice to: Remote Battery Level ...

It will give you a level as a percentage. Unless it's really low then you can likely dismiss it being a battery power issue I think.

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Thanks for replies. Battery 79%. Think I may request new remote. 

Hi @AnnS2

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Have you been able to order the new remote since posting?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

AnnS2
Tuning in

Hi, yes I found the link to order new remote. Thanks so much for your help.  This forum is so helpful. 

That's fantastic news @AnnS2

Have you received your delivery already or does your online account confirm the order?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee, yeah delivery arrived today.  I'm very impressed.  Thank you.

Ann

Oh no!!! I’ve followed all the instructions for pairing my new remote and I still have the same problem. 🙈. All buttons work except volume and mute. Aaagh. Is it my tv?? 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @AnnS2 

Sorry to see you are still having issues with the remote.

Please can you try following the website instructions? tv-remote/not-working-v6 

If that fails try using the method you tried first, but do it this way instead.

Click on Home > Help and Settings > Help > Set up Remote.  Follow instructions there it should give you a series of codes to try.  You can also put 0999 in place of the code and press channel up until the TV turns off, then press ok.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.