cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin v6 box bad playback.

miket3
On our wavelength

My v6 box is causing problems with recording and playback.

Recordings are freezing, pixelated and jumping/skipping on playback, making it impossible to watch anything recorded.  This is also happening when playing back paused live TV, although live TV itself is fine. I have tried rebooting the V6 box, rebooting the router, disconnecting and reconnecting  the cables.  This problem occurs on recording made over past months and also fresh recordings.  

My recordings account for most of my tv viewing at the moment due to the rubbish on tv currently, and also adverts are driving me crazy and need to skip them.  Help

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @miket3 

The symptons you describe, including the same behaviour when pausing and playing back live TV indicate a hard drive problem.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello miket3.

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the freezing on your V6 box.

It does indeed sound like the hard drive is on its way out.

I can look at getting a Technician booked to come out.

If the box is swapped then the recordings will also be lost. 

We may be able to fix this with out swapping the box though, it just depends on what the engineer advises.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L