cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin tivo Bootloop after factory reset

MikeandMarie
Just joined

Hi. Our Virgin Tivo box has been stuck in a bootloop for 3 days now after doing a factory reset. We have followed all instructions for unplugging cables, trying different cables etc etc but still boot looping..... sequence is...

1. Red light off, nothing on TV.

2. white light with "starting up" on tv.

3.White light with deleting everything.

4. Red light with the welcome screen.

It will then switch off and do the same sequence continuously but with the addition off after several attempts it displays a downloading type of logo on the TV but will then repeat the loop sequences... 

3 days now and nothing.

Please advise/ help/ assist.

Thank you kindly

Mike and Marie.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

1: Do you mean a TiVo, or a V6? They're different boxes - check here if you're not sure

2: When you say a "factory reset", can you be specific about what you've done or what menu option you've followed?

I'll make an assumption and guess you've followed the "clear guide info and planned recordings" on a V6?

Whether I'm right or not, you've described a TV box that won't bootup and which clearly is faulty - there's two ways you can report that. Either calling in (150 from VM or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) or waiting on this forum, and after a few days a VM staffer should respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey MikeandMarie, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome the community, I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with your TIVO box.

I would like to look into this and run some tests via a PM, please can you look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?