cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media ITVX app subtitles

Jergon
Joining in

I have Ultimate Volt bundle. I am hard of hearing and need subtitles. I am watching Litvinenko and I’m trying to switch subtitles on. When I press “Subtitles” button it says “Not available” . Subtitles are available on the app on my phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've not really used the ITV-X app beyond a couple of quick "how does this work" tests, but I've tried to replicate your issue and, although not obvious, subtitles are available.

Forget the "subtitles" button on your V6 remote and follow the instructions on https://support.itv.com/en_us/itvx-accessibility-guidance-r1mQ9uGLi 

Pressing "OK" on your V6 remote once the programme starts, and scroll to the bottom-right where the icon is found.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you using a TV360 or a V6? It's not your bundle that matters here, it's which software your TV box is running.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box - V6 has a TiVo logo in the top-right, TV360 doesn't, and has voice control.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

V6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jergon 

I can get subtitles on my 360 box for the Litvinenko program, it should also work on the V6 box.

Using the ITVX app.

Once the episode is playing, you need to press 'Up' twice on the circular four way pad, and a mini menu will appear at the bottom of the screen. If there are subtitles available for that program then you will see an "speech bubble" graphic (icon) on the lower right of the screen. Use the right directional button to scroll across to the "speech bubble" graphic. This will then show either the text Subtitles Off or subtitles On. You can then select subtitles by clicking OK.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've not really used the ITV-X app beyond a couple of quick "how does this work" tests, but I've tried to replicate your issue and, although not obvious, subtitles are available.

Forget the "subtitles" button on your V6 remote and follow the instructions on https://support.itv.com/en_us/itvx-accessibility-guidance-r1mQ9uGLi 

Pressing "OK" on your V6 remote once the programme starts, and scroll to the bottom-right where the icon is found.

That worked, thanks.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jergon

Thanks for your post

Glad to hear you've managed to get this up and working now, please do be sure to contact us if you ever require any further assistance and we'll be sure to help alongside our very helpful forum members 🙂

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you Japitts. That solved my problem in one easy move.